News and business
Follow the daily business news agenda with BBC News, the Financial Times and the CBI.
You might also find the following sites useful:
Companies House, FTSE International, Income Data Services, the London Stock Exchange, Standard & Poor's and Trading Standards Central.
- Legislation.gov.uk is a website managed by The National Archives on behalf of the government. It brings together the legislative content of the Office of Public Sector Information and the UK Statute Law Database.
- The British and Irish Legal Information Institute (BAILII) provides access to the most comprehensive free and up-to-date collection of British and Irish primary legal materials on the Internet. It is a useful resource for court case reports.
- The courts site provides judgments, including some from the Court of Appeal. Legal forms and leaflets can be completed on screen, printed off and sent to appropriate courts. There is also a separate link to the Supreme Court.
- EUR-Lex is designed to keep you up to date on legislation in force in the European Union and new legislation as it is enacted. The site has five general headings: treaties, the official journal, legislation, community preparatory acts, case-law.
- Ted (Tenders electronic daily) is a database of invitations to tender which require advertisement across the EU.
- Access to foreign legal materials including FLARE index of treaties and FLAG holding of foreign law libraries The Hansard site includes access to the edited verbatim report of proceedings of both the Houseof Commons and the House of Lords.
- As well as Wragge & Co's alert, analysis and action communications, Legal Week Law and In-house Lawyer Magazine are both aim to keep in-house counsel updated on legal developments.
Find out about law firms and lawyers in the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners legal directories.
Keep on top of the latest legal news: Legal Week
, The Lawyer
, Law Society Gazette
and European Lawyer
Associate of Corporate Counsel (ACC)
International Bar Association (IBA)
Commerce and Industry Group
Legal Week and The Lawyer both host conferences and events for in-house lawyers: Corporate Counsel Forum, The Strategic Technology Forum and The Lawyer Summit.