Ever wondered whether a killer whale is a fixed asset for French tax purposes? Wragge & Co's team in Paris has the answer, and it's yes. Tax partners Pierre Appremont and Eglantine Lioret could tell you why.
Tax expertise is just one of many services provided by the 50-strong team in Paris. Home to some of the leading names in the French legal market, this team offers a partner-led service tailored to your organisation and its commercial imperatives.
Pierre Appremont appears in this year's Legal 500 and Chambers Europe. Pierre-Emmanuel Chevalier, Arnaud Guérin, Eglantine Lioret, Simon Lowe, Jérôme Patenotte, Philippe Rousseau, Valérie Blandeau, Danhoé Reddy-Girard and Constance de La Hosseraye are the other nine partners.
The team works alongside French and international clients, including companies, banks, investment funds, property companies, mezzanine lenders and private clients.
Areas of expertise
In Paris, Wragge & Co offers a comprehensive range of services, including:
- Corporate - M&A, private equity, investment capital and company law
- Real estate - investment, funds, tax, dispute resolution, finance and asset management
- Banking and finance - acquisition finance, debt finance, debt restructuring, asset-based lending and real estate finance
- Tax - real estate tax, corporate tax, tax disputes, private client, VAT
- Corporate recovery and restructuring - insolvency and restructuring
- Dispute resolution - commercial litigation, shareholder disputes, insider trading, directors' and officers' liability and international arbitration
- Employment - employee contracts and policies, disputes, trade union issues, crisis situations, compensation and benefits, company restructuring and M&A, and international employment law.
- General commercial, intellectual property, projects and construction
Innovation means finding solutions where others see only problems. In Paris, the team broke new ground in real estate with two significant 'firsts'. It carried out the first transfer of assets with a value of €1 billion to dedicated collective real estate investment funds (OPCI). Its experts were also the first to transform an existing structure into an open-ended investment company (SPPICAV).
Speaking your language
With a bilingual team at your service, you can be sure of working with lawyers who speak your language. As well as language skills, these lawyers pride themselves on getting to know your organisation. As part of your team, they can provide advice that suits your needs.
They will also keep things simple, making sure they avoid legal jargon. This might be interpreting bilateral tax treaties, restructuring a leveraged buy-out or acting in very tight timeframes to obtain measures of conservation in your favour. Whatever the issue, you can be sure of receiving clear, practical advice that meets your commercial needs.
With 10 partners and 28 other fee earners in Paris, backed up by more than 1,000 people in Europe and China, Wragge & Co has the expertise, experience and resources to handle any legal matter. For lawyers who provide more than you expect from a commercial law firm, find out more about Wragge & Co.